Wednesday, December 31, 2008
1. Missed the week of school before the break.
2. It snowed.
3. Ran around house maniacally looking for hubby's gifts. I couldn't find them anywhere.
4. Knit some baby booties.
5. Asked the boys if I had them hide Dad's gifts. They looked at me like I was crazy and pulled them out from under their beds--already wrapped. We had wrapped them together!! Argh, I do this every year.
6. It snowed-a lot.
7. Enjoyed being snowed in. Nothing says time with family like watching the Back To The Future trilogy in one day!
8. Made cinnamon rolls.
9. Saw some family.
10. Made some rockin' candied citrus peel! Seriously good stuff!
11. Did I mention that it snowed?
12. Went sledding with the kids.
13. Loved time with my family where we didn't have a schedule to keep.
14. Missed seeing my siblings.
15. Surprisingly had the power on the whole time!
16. Did some more knitting. (see #7)
17. Loved watching the lads love their Christmas gifts.
It has been a great break. I think we are going to try and brave the big city today. Little C is going to the skate park and Big C has a gift card to Powells Books. I'm looking forward to our outing. Ciao!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We were all hanging out and watching a movie when little C says "Do you think I can do the splits in tighty whiteys? They aren't as flexible as boxers." Well, this isn't something that I can weigh in on, so if you have an opinion, by all means let us know what you think! Merry Christmas...
Monday, December 22, 2008
You are snowed in during the month of December with only 18" snow. Granted we have received most of it in less than a week, but it still makes me giggle. This is a great picture of the shop in the snow and some of the drifting that we have going on. Some are really impressive.
Our neighbor came over and plowed us out with his tractor. David had taken the truck out to see if could get out, but couldn't make it back up the drive. We might be able to make it to town tomorrow if we don't have freezing rain. There's just no reason to go anywhere with all the stinkin' ice. In this picture you can see an orange topped figure. That would be little C who is snow boarding down that drift. He has had a blast playing in the snow. The wind should be calm tomorrow, so I think we will venture out and sled. We have enough big drifts that we won't have to leave our property.
You might ask yourself what one does while snowed in? Besides taking water to the animals and clearing snow away from doors, we have been watching all the free family movies on Comcast. On Saturday we watched the complete trilogy of Back To the Future. AMAZING!! I'm sure it makes you wish you could be snowed in as well... if only you could be so lucky! Well, I'm off to find a wayward retainer. Ta!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I love how sparkly everything looks when it's out of focus! The guys brought home the perfect tree on Saturday--tall and slender. We decorated on Monday and now we are anxiously waiting for the big day to arrive! We have only been to school on Tuesday this week, church was even cancelled because of snow and ice. It makes sense only if you live here. Because it snows so seldom, nobody knows how to handle driving in it. But after growing up in Montana it seems pretty wimpy.
Here's some good-looking logger guy who hangs out in my living room in the evenings. He's even better in focus!! (Maybe that will learn ya to call me a blogging slacker)
Here is a great picture of big C on little C's birthday gift with a friend of ours. I love how messy the room looks! It's just lots of birthday festivity!!
I love seeing the snow outside, it makes it really seem like winter to me. I hope you're enjoying yours! Cheers, babe!