Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sweet elephants

Here is the latest quilt that I finished. It's for one of the teachers at work who is expecting in a couple of weeks. It's a boy and she (the mom) loves orange. I think this is my new favorite baby pattern to make because the pieces are big so putting it together is relatively easy. So here's the front. (click to big it) Here's the back. Who doesn't love elephants on flannel? I pieced together a section because the fabric wasn't wide enough and I didn't have any extra elephant fabric. I like how it turned out.
Here's a close up of the elephants...

I always get nervous when I make something and give it for a gift. What if they don't like what I picked out? What if they don't like the design? What if ....I could just drive myself crazy with all the possibilities. My friend really liked the quilt. Even one of the male teachers said "wow". It's fun to be able to share talents with other people, I think it's one of the nicest ways to show love. Hasta!


3 comments:

ryjame said...

Awesome looking quilt. Looks huge!!! Now I you could just get some Harley's....

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the quilt. But I FLIP over cowboys : 0

Amanda D said...

I don't think that there is anyone that doesn't love a handmade something. Such cute quilts. I want to wrap one around myself!