Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kids and what they say

So our school is having a food/clothing drive for Katrina victims. Our youngest decided that he wanted to make/knit hats for these unfortunate people. I whipped out my Knifty Knitter and he was on his way. Of course, older brother decided that he wanted to join in the effort so I whipped out my other size of KK and he was on his way too. They are making great progress and I'm so proud of them. I teach knitting so I'm glad that my children have an interest in this too. So one day after school, the boys are watching a tv program and working on their hats. The youngest leans toward the oldest and says in the cutest voice.."We look like girls!" The oldest was not impressed and threatened to quit until I assured him that boys can knit too. (all the while casting the evil eye at their father to say otherwise). This is my favorite story of my kids right now. I love that they want to help and do their best. The little guy took a bag full of canned goods, toys and hats of his own doing. The bag was so heavy I carried it down to the bus for him and helped get on the bus.

One other funny kid story...We moved out here about 15 months ago from the city. As we cleaned up the house and yard to sell that house we made a trip to the dump. The kids had never been there before (maybe that's why we had such a large load?) As we were unloading our junk, the boys were overcome by the smell of the place-not too pleasant. The youngest once again with great wit and charm said "It smells like chicken!" I love this!! When in doubt just blame the chicken...

No comments: