Monday, February 27, 2006

I have a confession to make...

I think I am bored with knitting...There I said it and it's out in the open!! This is so sad because knitting is such an escape for me, and because I am a knitting instructor at a craft store. I have been exploring some of the other crafts that I enjoy, sewing and needlework, and just feel like maybe I need to spend some time working on those. I won't put my knitting away forever though. I have to finish the vest and hat for my hubby and I have numerous socks that I want to complete. I didn't even mention the small stash of yarn that would haunt my conscience if I decided to never knit again. I have yarn for two sweaters, some small felted projects and a bunch of miscellaneous yarns that I picked up at the Knit Picks sale last spring. I think it is just time for change. Now that the weather is changing I will need to spend more and more time outside working, which is something I love to do. I keep asking myself if I'm copping out on something that I've worked hard to master. It seems to me that I need to broaden my horizons right now and follow my interests to see where they will take me. I have met some truly amazing people through this whole knitting adventure, people who have truly enriched my life and made me want to be a better person. I really think that is what life is all about: taking from your life experiences and using all those moments to become a better person...I'll see you at the fabric and needle shops next!!

No comments: