Friday, April 18, 2008

Aprons and cowboy quilts

Here is our sewing group. We made aprons which is quite obvious. They are all reversible, which is really snazzy. We had a great time. It's really sad that my hair looks like crap and I look pregnant, but really, it's just the apron...

Here is my third quilt of the year and the recipient. Her name is Dulsanna and she had Ian this last Tuesday. I think she liked it. It's nervewracking for me to make a quilt for someone when they haven't chosen the fabric. The back is cowboy flannel and I couldn't get that picture to upload for some reason. You can see it sitting on a chair in the apron picture, though.
It's supposed to snow this weekend so I'm going to build a fire now. I think it's the latest in the year that I've ever built a fire. I think I'll go recover now for posting so much in such a short time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, dear. I went here (found yours through David's : )
to show Scott's mom more on blogs...and found us. Very fun!! I LOVVEEE the quilt...especially now that I've the cutest little cowboy to put into it. What I didn't expect to see was the aprons. I haven't given the gift, so had to quickly scan over and not dwell on our cute aprons. She'll have to wait until Mother's Day. I'm living on borrowed time here, as Ian is taking a long snooze, I'm still in pjs and hoped to shower by now...but wanted to put pics of him up on my blog. SOrry so long. Thanks for coming to the hospital. Time has sort of been standing still here...but in a fun and peaceful way. Hope to see you soon. Love, D.